<<<Wii U Event 10am est Live on Facebook Watch>>>
NOTE: You will need a Facebook account to view!
Tune in for new information about Wii U.
Streaming Live from New York City
September 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM ET
September 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM ET
Here is all the Known Specs on what the Wii U will offer from games & specs! More to come after the press show!
Games Announced at E3 2012
SizeApproximately 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep and 6.8 inches long.
WeightApproximately 3.41 pounds (1.5 kg).
Wii U™ GamePadThe Wii U GamePad™ controller removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. It incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button. The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).
Other ControllersThe Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.
Video OutputSupports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.
AppearanceThe new console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any home entertainment setup.
CPUIBM PowerⓇ-based multi-core processor.
GPUAMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.
StorageWii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD memory cards and external USB storage.
MediaWii U and Wii optical discs.
NetworkingWii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.
Wii CompatibilityNearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.
Audio OutputUses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.
Wii U Features
In addition to introducing new ways to play, Wii U also offers users a variety of non-gaming features to enhance the overall experience.
- Miiverse: Miiverse is a brand-new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content. Using their personalized Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing. From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favorite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community.
- TV Remote: The Wii U GamePad controller may also function as an infrared TV remote, whether users are watching TV or playing a game.
- Near Field Communication (NFC): The Wii U GamePad has the ability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are held above it. This allows for a variety of interesting new possibilities for games and activities.
- Nintendo eShop: The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.
- Video Entertainment: Nintendo is working with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube to bring video experiences to Wii U that will take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Additional details will be released at a later time.
- Video Chat: Using the built-in camera of the Wii U GamePad, people can communicate with other Wii U owners in real time.
- Internet Browser: Wii U comes with a browser that lets people with a wireless Internet connection surf the Internet from the comfort of their couches.